Welcome to Stonybrook School!
Stonybrook School is a wonderful place to learn and grow due to the true community effort that is the result of a partnership among:
a dedicated school staff in which every member values each child as a capable individual;
families that uphold each child's education as a top priority;
volunteers that dedicate tremendous time and effort to enriching our school program;
and last but certainly not least, students who engage enthusiastically in the learning process.
We appreciate your partnership, for it is together that we are able to provide the best possible learning experiences for each of our students.
All Grades Arrival 9:10 am
Kindergarten Dismissal 1:25 pm
Grades 3-5 Dismissal 3:25 pm
Minimum Day School Hours:
Kindergarten 9:10 am to 11:25 am
Grades 3, 4 and 5 - 9:10 am to 1:25 pm
Emergency/Snow Early Dismissal for all grades: 1:25 pm - Please know your child's snow route
Back to School Tips and Resources
There are many resources available for back to school tips and advice - these are some of the most common:
- A week or so before the school year begins, kids should start going to bed and waking up as they would on school days -- it can take a while for their bodies to adjust to non-summer hours.
- Try to get them into a school-day rhythm. Have them practice getting up and getting dressed at the same time every morning. Start eating breakfast, lunch, and snacks around the times your child will eat when school is in session.
- Encourage kids to read a book in the week or two before school begins. Ease them into quiet time, while giving them a jumpstart on refreshing their reading skills.
- Get kids accustomed to a calendar schedule, like what they'll use to manage their classes and extracurricular activities.
- Set or refresh the rules about technology and screen time during the school year. What's allowed and when?