Mindful Moments: to use at your own leisure at home. Videos are mostly 2-4 minutes, and are all guided. Below you will find a variety of mindful moments, which are easy to follow and can help reduce stress and anxiety. These videos were designed for students, however, people of all ages can find it extremely beneficial. All information is from www.littlefloweryoga.com, where Mrs. Strunz attended a Training in 2017. Please feel free to reach out to Mrs. Strunz (email@example.com), Mrs. McClain (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Romano (email@example.com), if you need any help, or need someone to talk to.
How Mindfulness Can Support You:
- This video defines mindfulness and introduces practices to help you sustain mindful moments throughout your day.
- Single Pointed Focus Breathing: (Start link at 23 seconds) https://vimeo.com/233535735/994fe30616
How Mindfulness helps us connect:
- This video focuses on nurturing connections, and exploring ways mindfulness helps us connect to our world, each other, and ourselves.
- Layers of Sound: https://vimeo.com/234501722/d2a882a2ce?utm_source=Mindful+Mondays+Program&utm_campaign=3b4dd322d1-AUTOMATION_Mindful_Mondays_3&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7dbd81795d-3b4dd322d1-1209323545
Our Breath as a Resource
- This video explores how our breath can be a resource as well as ways to be mindful of our breath.
- Counting Breaths: https://vimeo.com/236260274/1df7a82ce9?utm_source=Mindful+Mondays+Program&utm_campaign=67641fc977-AUTOMATION_Mindful_Mondays_4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7dbd81795d-67641fc977-1209323545 (2:30 minute video for class)
How Movement Supports Mindfulness
- This video explores how movement can be a pathway to practicing mindfulness and why movement is key to maintaining a healthy body and brain.
- Balloon Breath: https://vimeo.com/236946220/acd5cec82c
An Olympian’s Perspective on Mindfulness
How Mindfulness Supports Our Ability to Focus
- This video explores why it is becoming increasingly harder for our kids to focus. We'll also look at how mindfulness can support our ability for sustained attention.
- Anchor Breath: https://vimeo.com/234510390/c96b5b1fae?utm_source=Mindful+Mondays+Program&utm_campaign=3c340a971c-AUTOMATION_Mindful_Mondays_New_Subscribers_5&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7dbd81795d-3c340a971c-1209323545
How MIndfulness Supports Rest and Relaxation
- This video will explore how mindfulness can bring greater awareness to our need for self-care and relaxation.
- Robot Relaxation: https://vimeo.com/238966972/8963704a6d
- Somatic Holds: https://vimeo.com/239152056/0e4731b570?utm_source=Mindful+Mondays+Program&utm_campaign=7aa4e00696-AUTOMATION_Mindful_Mondays_New_Subscribers_6&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7dbd81795d-7aa4e00696-1209323545
How Mindfulness Supports a Greater Connection to the World
- The human body is built for connection. In order for all people—children and adults— to be able to thrive, they must feel safe in their environment and feel connected to a community they can depend on. In fact, survival depends on it.
- 5 Sense Awareness: https://vimeo.com/240183190/86b8dbd6b4
How Mindfulness Supports Healthy Relationships
- Bringing mindful awareness to where our own and others’ feelings start and end can help us navigate our relationships more skillfully, especially when conflict arises.
- Caring Feelings: https://vimeo.com/241335423/fc156871b7?utm_source=Mindful+Mondays+Program&utm_campaign=43110406a5-AUTOMATION_Mindful_Mondays_New_Subscribers_8&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7dbd81795d-43110406a5-1209323545
Healthy Sense of Self
- One of the things mindfulness helps us do is connect with ourselves and our lives with kindness and curiosity.
- Emotions Check-In: https://vimeo.com/242402390/5a553a1c7a
Mindfulness of Breath
- Our breath is a wonderful resource because we always have it with us. When we bring awareness to our breath, we connect with our autonomous nervous system, which in turn can help us find balance, even when we’re facing challenges or stressful situations. Recent research also seems to suggest that mindfulness of breath may actually change the way our minds work.
- Counting Breaths: https://vimeo.com/236260274/1df7a82ce9
Movement to Explore Mindfulness
- Movement is such a fundamental function of our body that we often overlook it. This is in part why it’s crucial to bring mindful awareness to movement to support our practice and to help us feel more connected to our self.
- Crazy Eights: https://vimeo.com/247700438/74d32253e7?utm_source=Mindful+Mondays+Program&utm_campaign=1140f8318e-AUTOMATION_Mindful_Mondays_New_Subscribers_12&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7dbd81795d-1140f8318e-1209323545
How Everyday Movement Supports Well-being and Stress Management
- There are many ways mindfulness of movement supports our well-being. Mindfulness of movement supports readiness to learn and a sense of embodiment benefits both students and teachers.
- Chair Yoga: https://vimeo.com/236605707/ebc1639671 (video)
How Mindfulness Can Support Our Ability to Focus in a Distracting World
- Paying attention and focusing can be extremely difficult for everybody. Children are often asked to focus and pay attention, but they’re not always explicitly told how to do it or given opportunities to practice. Adults are often expected to multitask and juggle many responsibilities, and yet these behaviors are costing us productivity and increasing our stress.
- Hand to Heart Focus: https://vimeo.com/251041702/da5d687b91?utm_source=Mindful+Mondays+Program&utm_campaign=21d4b99eba-AUTOMATION_Mindful_Mondays_New_Subscribers_14&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7dbd81795d-21d4b99eba-1209323545
How Mindfulness Can Help Us Focus on What Matters Most
- Our modern world is filled with many distractions, making it hard for us to identify and focus on what really matters.
- Dual Point Focus: https://vimeo.com/252051215/32dc3d1c58?utm_source=Mindful+Mondays+Program&utm_campaign=e674842ea1-AUTOMATION_Mindful_Mondays_New_Subscribers_15&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7dbd81795d-e674842ea1-1209323545
How Mindfulness Can Help Health Sleep Patterns:
- In order for people—children and adults—to be the best version of themselves, they must get enough sleep.
- Child’s Pose in a Chair: https://vimeo.com/253144897/be96f3ee7f
How Mindfulness Can Support Rest:
- In order to get true rest, we must help both our body and mind relax and release tension.
- Five-Sense Awareness: https://vimeo.com/240183190/86b8dbd6b4?utm_source=Mindful+Mondays+Program&utm_campaign=48e8f3743d-AUTOMATION_Mindful_Mondays_New_Subscribers_17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7dbd81795d-48e8f3743d-1209323545
How Mindfulness Can Support Self-Compassion:
- Sometimes the hardest person to be compassionate to is ourselves.
- Emotions Check-In: https://vimeo.com/242402390/5a553a1c7a
How Mindfulness Can Help Cultivate Equanimity
- Equanimity is the ability to be balanced even when facing difficult circumstance. Its attributes are mental calmness, composure, and evenness of temper especially in the midst of difficult situations. These can be difficult qualities to embody especially when working with students.
- Hand to Heart Focus: https://vimeo.com/251041702/da5d687b91
How Mindfulness Can Support Immunity:
- One of the qualities mindfulness helps engender is resiliency. Resiliency is our ability to deal with stressors big and small, expected and unexpected, trivial and extraordinary in a way that makes use of our inner strength, flexibility, creativity, and competence.
- Somatic Holds: https://vimeo.com/239152056/0e4731b570