Procedures to Substitute in Kinnelon
Please print and provide the following documents to Tina LaTorre, Kinnelon Board of Education Office, 109 Kiel Avenue, (973-838-1418 ext 5003)
- Online application - https://www.applitrack.com/kinnelon/onlineapp/
- Copy of original Substitute Certificate or Teaching Certificate
- If you would like to obtain a substitute certificate, please see instruction below.
- Copy of college transcripts
- Fingerprint approval (choose one option below)
- If you are currently substitute teaching in another NJ district with NO Break in Service:
- Copy of your IdentiGO fingerprinting form with receipt attached
- Verification of Continuance Employment Form (download on right side menu) signed by your current school district
- Transfer Request – Go to NJ DOE Criminal History Review https://homeroom4.doe.state.nj.us/chr/ssn_lookup.jsp?uacc=1546874368957&pt=4 Kinnelon codes are District: 27 School: 2460. There is a $5.00 fee to transfer and an additional $1.00 convenience fee
- If there has been a Break in Service:
- Fingerprinted before February 2003 – Must be re-fingerprinted. See Finerprint Instructions on this page.
- Fingerprinted after February 2003 – Fingerprint records must be archived – Go to: http://www.nj.gov/education/educators/crimhist/ Go to archive application request, $29.75 is payable on-line
- W-4 Forms Federal and Nj available on this page)
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Form - Please include 2 forms of ID (available on this page)
- Direct Deposit Form - attach a voided check (available on this page)
- Mantoux test form, drug screening form and interview information will be given when above paperwork is received
If you would like to obtain a substitute certificate and are a resident of Kinnelon, please provide the following, in addition for the forms above:
- NJ Substitute Certificate Application, attach check or money order in the amount of $125 made out to NJ Commissioner of Education (available on this page)
- Oath of Allegiance (available on this page)
- Official College Transcripts showing at least 60 credits
- Fingerprinting - See Fingerprinting Instructions on this page.