KEHSA About Us
The Kinnelon Elementary Home and School Association (KEHSA) is a 501 (c) (3) organization comprised of teachers, administrators, and parents of children attending Kinnelon Elementary Schools (grades K-5). KEHSA’s fundamental goal is to enrich and supplement the classroom education of our children. We also seek to improve communication between teachers, the Board of Education, and parents.
Through our fundraising efforts, KEHSA is responsible for many wonderful programs:
- KEHSA funds and coordinates Monthly Assemblies and Author Day.
- KEHSA awards Mini-Grants to teachers to institute new, innovative and educational programs.
- KEHSA funds additional items needed by the schools and teachers. Most notably, KEHSA donated the funds to purchase SMARTBOARDS for EVERY instructional classroom in both Kiel and Stonybrook. A few years ago, KEHSA donated the playground that is behind Kiel school.
- KEHSA also coordinates two Book Fairs and the Holiday Shop.
- KESHA volunteers assist with school activities like Fun at Lunch and Field Day.
- KEHSA provides a student directory to each member family.
- KEHSA coordinates the emergency contact and phone chain system.
Last year, approximately 95% of our families joined KEHSA and we look forward to a new year, new members and new ideas! Your involvement is vital to our success!
New to KEHSA?
- Please come to one of our KEHSA Meetings, we'd love to meet you!
- Visit our Volunteer Information page to see what events interest you
- Visit our Membership page to help us maintain our fundraising goals
For our returning KEHSA members ... thank you for your continued support!