A Healthy Family
A healthy family…
- Communicates and listens.
- Affirms and supports one another.
- Teaches respect for others.
- Develops a sense of trust.
- Has a sense of play and humor.
- Exhibits a sense of shared responsibility.
- Teaches a sense of right and wrong.
- Has a strong sense of family in which rituals and traditions abound.
- Has a balance of interaction among members.
- Has a shared religious core.
- Respects the privacy of one another.
- Values service of others.
- Fosters table time and conversation.
- Shares leisure time.
- Admits to and seeks help with problems.
Delores Curran, Traits of a Healthy Family
Ballantine Books, New York, 1983