The online parent/teacher conference scheduler will open on Friday, October 25th, and will remain open through Wednesday, October 30th at 11:59PM. Please follow the instructions below to schedule a conference with your child’s teacher(s). PARENTS OF 5TH GRADE STUDENTS, PLEASE SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS DOCUMENT TO SEE A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT 5TH GRADE CONFERENCES. Thank you.
Step-By-Step Parent/Guardian Instructions
- Click on or enter the following link: https://www.canyoncreeksoftware.com/scheduler/nj/kinnelon/ and select the Online Scheduler icon/link. You can also access this link from the “Parents” drop-down menu on the Stonybrook website.
- From the Online Scheduler Home Page:
- Click “GO”
- Enter the school password (Stonybrook)
- You will see “Enter Student ID” – Enter your student’s ID.
- If you do not know/remember the ID, click “LOOK UP STUDENT ID”
- e.Enter your student’s name.
- Enter the student’s birth date.
- Your child’s teacher(s) will be displayed. Check the box next to the name of each teacher(s) with whom you would like to meet.
- If you have more than one student in the school, you can see all the teacher schedules at one time by answering YES to this question “Do you want to schedule conferences for another student?” then repeat the steps above for your other students. If you only have one student, answer NO to that question.
- You will then see the available time slots for each teacher you selected.
- Select the time(s) that work best for your schedule.
- Enter your email address (recommended) if you would like an email reminder sent to you. (Your email address is kept private.)
- Once you have finished you can confirm your appointment details and print your conference schedule.
- Write down the Confirmation Number (you will need this number to cancel your appointment).
FOR PARENTS OF FIFTH GRADE STUDENTS:
As you know, your child works with two teachers for his or her core academic subjects, therefore the following parent conference format allows you to meet with both of your child’s teachers.
The conference experience differs slightly from what you are accustomed to in third and fourth grade.
What’s the same?
- You will still be able to sign up for conferences online. Please review the letter regarding conference sign up.
- You will still coordinate your conference time with one teacher (i.e. you will sign up for a conference under the name of your child’s homeroom teacher). This is designed to make the process more convenient for you and to minimize any potential confusion.
- The timeframe for the general conference schedule remains the same as in previous years. As in the past, the conference schedule allows for afternoon and evening appointments.
- During your 15-minute conference block, you will spend half of the time with one teacher, and half of the time with the other. In past years, we allotted fifteen minutes of conference time for parents and teachers to meet for discussion of each child’s performance in school across the subject areas. Though we have increased the number of teachers working with each student, we have maintained consistency in virtually all other areas, meaning that 15 minutes should provide the same level of discussion.
- All 5th grade parents and teachers will meet in the gym. This will facilitate quick movement from one teacher to the other, which supports the best use of the allotted time. This is also similar to the conference structure you, as parents, will experience at Pearl R. Miller Middle School next year.
We hope you find the fifth grade conference structure both beneficial and worthwhile. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Need help? Contact the school’s Online Scheduler™ specialist:
Name: Dawne Kenney
School District and School HIB Grades Required by the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act
Under the Commissioner’s Program for Determining Grades, the school grade is a raw score of data and the sum of the ratings for all indicators within each core element on the School Self-Assessment (e.g., 65 of 78 points). The maximum total score for a school is 78 points. The school district’s grade is an average of the total scores of all schools in the school district.
The NJDOE-issued grade is not represented as a letter grade; the NJDOE is not issuing any associated value or ranking for the raw and average scores. The raw and average scores reflect the school and school district’s degree of compliance with the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act (ABR), as determined primarily through each school’s self-assessment of its implementation of the ABR.
Welcome to Stonybrook School!
Stonybrook School is a wonderful place to learn and grow due to the true community effort that is the result of a partnership among dedicated school staff in which every member values each child as a capable individual, families that uphold each child's education as a top priority, volunteers that dedicate tremendous time and effort to enriching our school program, and last but certainly not least, students who engage enthusiastically in the learning process.
We appreciate your partnership, for it is together that we are able to provide the best possible learning experiences for each of our students.
All Grades Arrival 9:05 am
Kindergarten Dismissal 1:25 pm
Grades 3-5 Dismissal 3:30 pm
Minimum Day School Hours:
Kindergarten 9:05 am to 11:25 am
Grades 3, 4 and 5 - 9:05 am to 1:25 pm
Emergency/Snow Early Dismissal for All Grades: 1:25 pm - Please know your child's snow route
Back to School Tips and Resources
There are many resources available for back to school tips and advice - these are some of the most common:
- A week or so before the school year begins, kids should start going to bed and waking up as they would on school days -- it can take a while for their bodies to adjust to non-summer hours.
- Try to get them into a school-day rhythm. Have them practice getting up and getting dressed at the same time every morning. Start eating breakfast, lunch, and snacks around the times your child will eat when school is in session.
- Encourage kids to read a book in the week or two before school begins. Ease them into quiet time, while giving them a jumpstart on refreshing their reading skills.
- Get kids accustomed to a calendar schedule, like what they'll use to manage their classes and extracurricular activities.
- Set or refresh the rules about technology and screen time during the school year. What's allowed and when?
8:00 PM - 9:30 PM Board of Education Combined Work-Session/Regular Meeting
November 27, 2019
November 28, 2019
November 29, 2019
December 17, 2019
6:30 PM - 7:00 PM Winter Concert